Dermatologist-Approved Supplements: How to Get Beautiful Skin & Hair
Table of Contents
Why Dermatologists Recommend Supplements
Top Dermatologist-Recommended Supplements for Beautiful Skin
There are many nutrients and minerals you can add to your diet to enrich your skin and hair health. Some of the most common additives that dermatologists recommend are:
• Biotin: This vitamin helps to strengthen hair and nails, but it also gives the skin a healthy glow. You can find biotin naturally in eggs, salmon, and avocados.
• Collagen: This protein is essential for keeping the skin looking youthful and plump. You can find collagen in bone broth, dark leafy greens, and citrus fruits.
• Vitamin A: This vitamin is important for cell turnover and skin repair. You can find vitamin A in sweet potatoes, carrots, and spinach.
• Vitamin B3: This vitamin helps to protect the skin from damage and can also help improve acne. You can find vitamin B in milk, salmon, and mushrooms.
• Vitamin C: This essential vitamin helps protect the skin from free radical damage and boosts collagen production for a youthful complexion. You can find vitamin C in citrus fruits, bell peppers, broccoli, and brussels sprouts.
• Vitamin E: This vitamin helps to keep the skin hydrated and looking plump. Vitamin E can be found in nuts, seeds, and leafy green vegetables.
• Omega-Fatty Acids: These healthy fats help to reduce inflammation and keep the skin moisturized. You can get omega-fatty acids from fish, flaxseeds, and chia seeds.
• Zinc: This mineral is essential for healthy skin, as it helps to promote cell turnover and healing. You can find zinc in oysters, pumpkin seeds, and beans.
Shop Supplements at Bryn Mawr Dermatology
The question is: how do you choose which of these supplements to add to your diet, and how much do you need? And a good follow up question is: how can I possibly take all those different pills? The answer is to simplify. At Bryn Mawr Dermatology, we have selected a few of our favorite skin and hair multi-supplements that have been vetted by our medical team.
- Heliocare Advanced is a once-a-day capsule that contains a potent dose of antioxidants, B3 and Fernblock® Polypodium leucotomos extract (PLE) technology. This helps prevent and reverse damage caused by the environment.
- Nutrafol Women’s Balance hair growth supplement is designed to target the root causes of hair thinning as we age including hormonal imbalances and a decreased metabolism. It includes medical-grade ingredients to help extend the hair growth cycle and decrease shedding. You’ll find Vitamins A, C, D, Biotin, Zinc and Collagen.
- SUNISDIN is powered by vitAox ULTRA, an advanced combination of vitamins, antioxidants and carotenoids (think beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein) that help to increase skin elasticity and radiance.
Following a Healthy Diet for Glowing Skin
In addition to taking supplements, you need to create a healthy diet if you want beautiful skin and strong hair. Dermatologists recommend eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. You should also limit your intake of processed foods, sugary drinks, and unhealthy fats. By following these dietary guidelines, you can help improve your skin’s appearance and overall health! Our favorite superfoods at Bryn Mawr Dermatology include:
• Blueberries: These little berries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that can help improve the skin’s appearance.
• Spinach: This leafy green is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which are all essential for healthy skin.
• Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for cell turnover and healthy skin.
• Salmon: This fatty fish is packed with omega-fatty acids and vitamin D, both of which are great for the skin.
Creating an Exercise Routine for Healthy Skin
To enhance your shrewd food choices, you should also make exercise a part of your routine if you want to exude health. Exercise helps to improve circulation and get rid of toxins that can damage the skin and hair follicles. Additionally, exercise can help reduce stress, which can also impact your appearance negatively. By incorporating exercise into your daily routine, you can help keep your skin and hair looking their best! Our favorite exercises at Bryn Mawr Dermatology include:
• Yoga: Yoga helps to improve flexibility and reduce stress, both of which are good for the skin.
• Pilates: Pilates is a great form of exercise for toning the body and improving circulation.
• Walking: You don’t have to be an athlete, you just have to get out and move! Walking at a brisk pace is a great way to get your heart rate up and get rid of toxins that negatively impact skin and hair growth cycles.
Dermatologist-Approved Tips for Radiant Skin
It may sound cliché, but making healthy life choices in general is the most surefire way to radiate health. To augment your healthy diet, regular exercise routine, and smart supplement selection, dermatologists also recommend the following tips for beautiful skin:
• Use sunscreen, every day, even if it’s not sunny out: protect your skin from damage caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays.
• Don’t use tobacco products: tobacco, in all its forms, can cause premature wrinkles and other signs of aging.
• Get enough sleep: Sleep helps the skin to repair itself and stay looking healthy.
• Drink plenty of water: Water helps to keep the skin hydrated and looking plump.
Visit Our Shopify for Dermatologist-Vetted Skin Care Products
Now that you know how to get beautiful skin from the inside out, it’s time to start taking care of your skin! At Bryn Mawr Dermatology, we offer a wide range of dermatologist-vetted skin care products that can help improve your skin’s appearance. Visit our Shopify today to shop for all your skincare needs! Also, check out our article on 12 dermatologist-approved skincare tips for flawless, radiant skin.
Schedule an Appointment
If you’re concerned about the health or appearance of your skin, don’t hesitate to Schedule an Appointment with a dermatologist. At Bryn Mawr Dermatology, we offer a wide range of dermatologic services that can help improve the health and appearance of your skin. Call us today at (610) 525-7800 to book your appointment.